Advancing professional fundraising
education to benefit those that lead, serve and support not for profit organisations
FIA Scholarships are funded by the FIA Foundation
The FIA Foundation's primary focus is the advancement and development of training and professional education of fundraisers. FIA invites you to support this goal.
The FIA's Foundation has DGR status.
Its primary purpose is to:
- advance and develop training and education opportunities for fundraisers
- develop the Library Resource Centre
- promote research into the fundraising industry and
- develop a career pathway through professional development
To support the foundation please click here.
The FIA Foundation awards scholarships for attendance at either the FIA’s professional development programs or international conferences.
Scholarships are open to members of the FIA who have a current full individual membership or to the nominated representative of an organisational membership.
The FIA Steve Mourning Scholarship
FIA pays tribute to Steve Mourning FAHP MFIA (Hon) CFRE, a founding member of the Madison Down Under Faculty. Steve sadly passed away in July 2010 just weeks before he was due to arrive in Australia for MDU.
To honour Steve's ongoing commitment to professional development in Australia, FIA has established the Steve Mourning Memorial Scholarship.
The FIA Certificate in Fundraising Scholarship
The FIA Certificate in Fundraising Scholarship is available for one FIA member per state per year to complete the Certificate in Fundraising in their state.
- ACT – Pearl Lee, Business Development Manager, Australian National University
- NSW – Jo Armstrong, Major Donor and Bequest Manager, Anglicare NSW
- QLD – Hannah Jones, Public Relations and Events Manager, The Pyjama Foundation
- TAS – Denise Rodrigues, Senior Relationships Officer, Community & Bequests, Cancer Council TAS