Andrew has over 15 years’ fundraising experience in Australia and the UK. He has worked across many sectors, including seven years at Guide Dogs SA/NTMore
Certificate in Fundraising
The Certificate in Fundraising is the cornerstone of FIA's Core Education curriculum which you can undertake either in-class or online.
You will cover every aspect of fundraising in considerable depth, with great case studies to learn from and numerous opportunities to practice new skills through exercises and assignments.
The course tutors are all experienced fundraisers with a passion for sharing their knowledge - both in-class and online. The Certificate course is your most comprehensive opportunity to broaden your knowledge of fundraising using every channel.
What you’ll learn
- The state of fundraising in Australia and the motives for giving
- How to develop a fundraising plan with realistic objectives and strategies
- Creating a case for support and the value of storytelling
- Using offline and online channels to acquire new donors and develop relationships
- Nurturing high value donors, gifts in wills and corporates
- Managing teams and measuring performance
- How to maximise your personal effectiveness and career prospects
This course will help you to:
- Improve your fundraising activities immediately by applying new skills and knowledge
- Become a more valuable asset to your organisation by helping them to achieve greater growth, efficiency and visibility
- Improve your own career prospects by broadening your skills base and strategic thinking
- Examine your own working styles and understand how better to apply yourself and work with teams
- Have the confidence to try new ideas and approaches in the workplace
Who should attend
The Certificate in Fundraising is relevant to:
- Fundraisers new to the profession or with a couple of years of experience
- Fundraisers wanting to consolidate their existing skills with formal training
- Fundraisers who want to learn new skills beyond their existing specialty
What people say
“Having spent over a decade working within the sector, the Certificate in Fundraising offered by FIA was a great way for me to begin to formalise my knowledge of the not for profit sector. I’d recommend this course to anyone who is new to fundraising, or who wants to gain greater insight into the fundraising world from industry experts.”
Derrick Brown, Business Development Manager, Blackbaud Pacific
|Staff of organisational member||$2,420||$1,936||$2,210|
In-class Payment Instalment Options
Students enrolling in the in-class course only have the option to pay by instalments - please download the course outline for details (click on download button above)
The call for scholarships for 2017 have now closed.
Venues and starting dates for in-class
(Please note - the dates for modules 2 & 3 are in the course outline which you can download by clicking on the "in-class" button above).
Class times: All in-class days are an 8.45am arrival and coffee for a 9am start, 5.00pm finish.
|City (Click for venues)||2017 Start Dates (module 1)||Early bird cut-off|
|Sydney||Sept 13-14||July 13||Registrations Closed|
|Melbourne||Sept 27-28||July 28||Registrations Closed|
|Brisbane||Sept 19-20||July 19||Cancelled|
|Register for ONLINE Certificate course here||Register now|
Missed the In-Class Certificate in Fundraising this year? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about courses for 2018
Click here for FIA course terms and conditions
Full participation in the Certificate in Fundraising is applicable for up to 59 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.