Frank has been an FIA member for more than 20 years. Over the years, the copywriting business he founded, Action Words, has been engaged by dozens of fundraisers, particularly for writing fundraising letters.More
Copywriting for Fundraisers
How you craft your letters, emails, headlines and ’call to action’ can make or break your fundraising campaign.
With a direct focus on fundraising, this one-day workshop is a hands-on experience with loads of techniques, tips and suggestions to help you to:
- Be a better writer,
- Connect more personally with your audience through the written word, and
- Craft more compelling fundraising campaigns which engage, inspire and motivate your donors.
What you’ll learn
- How to craft compelling stories
- How to create text with real stopping power
- How to create an engaging and motivating headline
- How to create a stronger ‘call to action’ every time
Whether you're writing for your donors, volunteers, sponsors, management or board, you will walk away with techniques to make your copy more engaging and the confidence to make your words walk off the page!
Who should attend
This customised workshop for FIA ensures there is the right emphasis for all fundraisers, but it’s a ‘must attend’ course if:
- You write online or offline appeals of any sort
- You have been told your writing is too fluffy, or too abrupt
- Your letters, headlines or emails don’t get the response you want
- You want to write with more power and confidence to engage, inspire and motivate your donors and volunteers
For a complete course outline click below:
What people say
“The Action Words business writing workshop was totally practical and very worthwhile. It made a real difference for us in both our business writing and our communications with our supporters.” Trish Hardy, Royal Melbourne Hospital.
“This course is specifically for our sector - unlike more generic writing courses - and that really appealed to me. I was able to immediately apply what I learnt to writing our newsletter articles and thank you letters. Completing the course has helped me to become a more effective communicator for my organisation’s cause” Anna Wood, Crusader Union of Australia.
|Staff of organisational member||$560||$448|
Full participation in Copywriting for Fundraisers is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.