For almost 30 years Margaret Scott has been a fundraising leader, and a past chair of the FIA, winning the 2014 Arthur Venn Fundraiser of the Year award.More
Diploma in Fundraising
The Diploma in Fundraising is FIA’s premier education program, signifying excellence and your commitment to best practice.
If you wish to maximise your impact, raise your profile and enhance your skills in a growing sector, this is the course for you.
Completion of the Diploma will give you the knowledge and skills to lead the way, accelerate your career, and reach your personal and professional goals.
The course is available in online format only, with teaching support provided by the senior fundraiser tutors.
What you’ll learn
- Fundraising strategy, ethics, ground rules and legislation
- Marketing strategies for offline and online fundraising
- Strategies for major gifts, gifts in wills, corporate programs, trusts and foundations
- Leadership, motivation at work, team dynamics and performance metrics
- Case studies from Australia and abroad
- Sharpens and expands your skills as a fundraiser and leader in the sector
- Brings you up to date with the latest trends
- Helps develop strategic thinking
- Improve fundraisers’ confidence
- Adds depth of skills to a fundraising team
Who should attend
- Australian and international fundraisers with at least three years' experience
- Fundraisers who may have undertaken prior FIA education programs
- Experienced fundraisers who wish to advance their careers by updating their knowledge
- Established fundraisers keen to move in a new direction or enhance their professional standing
What people say
“ I can thoroughly recommend the Diploma course. In my role I require a wide range of skills to cover all aspects of fundraising best-practice. This course is helping formally recognise my current skills while assisting me to expand my knowledge and our fundraising strategies into new programs.My tutor is fantastic and is always available to assist with questions or feedback during the assessments.” Noel Henderson, Deaf Children Australia
"I would highly recommend the Diploma in Fundraising to anyone who is looking to improve their knowledge of fundraising management. The course was flexible, well structured and covered a broad range of topics. My tutor was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful and always on hand to offer help and support. I feel the knowledge I have gained has provided me with the necessary skills to grow and further my career." Niamh Brady - Marlin Communications
Full participation in the Diploma in Fundraising is applicable for up to 180 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.