Frances has over 20 years fundraising experience, with senior executive roles at Heart Foundation, Save the Children and Spine Care Foundation.More
Fundraising Essentials is the ‘101’ of fundraising - a big picture overview with practical tools to help get you started.
No fundraising course will give you so many of the basic principles in one day. The online version is also designed to be taken in a similar time-frame.
The course covers every aspect of fundraising at a high level, and is rich with best practice examples to bring the theory to life.
If you want to fast-track your knowledge of fundraising techniques and get some inspiration quickly - this is the course for you.
What you’ll learn
- How the fundraising sector works in Australia
- The key legislative responsibilities of fundraisers and non-profit organisations
- The motives behind donor’s generosity
- Fundraising channels, trends and methodologies
- Fundraising in terms of an overall strategy
- The role of data and people
- This course will give you the knowledge and skills to raise the effectiveness of your current fundraising activities and introduce new ones
- You will also get a chance to practice applying the techniques learned in-class using simulated examples, to give you the confidence to try them out in your own organisation
Who should attend
- People who are new to the fundraising sector and need a foundation course in fundraising practice, trends and techniques
- People already working in the sector who are taking on a fundraising role
- People who may be looking to broaden their scope and are wishing to explore other areas of fundraising
What people say
“With new team members on board, the course was an extremely valuable way to deliver both an introduction to fundraising, and refresher to our entire team. The flexible format enabled us to steer the content and discussion in a way which added maximum value for the team.”
Janet Atkinson, Flinders Foundation
|Staff of organisational member||$420||$336||$235|
|City (Click for venues)||Date||Early bird cut-off|
|Sydney||Aug 9||June 9||Registrations Closed|
|Melbourne||Aug 16||June 16||Registrations Closed|
|Brisbane||July 31||June 9||Registrations Closed|
|Perth||April 6||March 3||Cancelled|
|Hobart||November 2||September 1||Registrations Closed|
|Register for the ONLINE course here||Register now|
Click here for FIA course terms and conditions
To express your interest in the In-Class Fundraising Essentials course for 2018, please click here.
The Fundraising Essentials course has an 8:45am arrival time for a 9:00am start; the day will finish at approximately 4:30pm.
Full participation in Fundraising Essentials is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.