Helen has worked in the not for profit sector since 2005. She is the campaign director for Include a Charity, promoting the practice of including gifts-In-wills across Australia.More
Gifts in Wills Fundamentals
The amount of fundraising revenue from Gifts in Wills in Australia is fast approaching $1 billion per year. So charities need to prepare themselves to tap into this source of income.
This one-day course examines the basics of a Gifts in Wills program, equipping you with the tools to get started with an effective program that can provide your organisation with a long-term financial future.
What you’ll learn
- Understand donor motives for leaving a charitable gift in their will
- How the Gifts in Wills Program fits into your total development strategy
- How to resource your program
- How to identify your best gifts in wills prospects
- How to develop your gifts in wills pipeline
- How to build a stewardship program to ensure you retain and engage prospects
- The role of the Gifts in Wills Officer and how to measure success
- Develop a gifts in wills toolkit and get it up and running quickly
- Understand who to approach and how to approach them
- Develop communication materials and tools
Who should attend
- Those who are new to Gifts in Wills fundraising or have limited experience to the area.
- Anyone who wants to start a Gifts in Wills program in their charity, or whose program is relatively new.
|Staff of organisational member||$560||$448|
|City (Click for venues)||2017 Course Dates||Early bird cut-off|
|Sydney||June 20||April 26||Registrations Closed|
|Melbourne||June 27||April 28||Registrations Closed|
|Brisbane||July 4||May 5||Registrations Closed|
Missed the Gifts in Wills Fundamentals course this year? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest for 2018.
Click here for FIA course terms and conditions
All FIA Skills-Specific short courses and masterclasses have an 8:45am arrival time for a 9:00am start; the day will finish at approximately 4:30pm.
Full participation in Gifts in Wills Fundamentals is applicable for up to 7.5 continuing education points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.