The Fundraising Institute Australia (FIA) is the national peak body representing professional fundraising in Australia.
If you are involved in any aspect of fundraising then FIA is your professional association.
Established in 1968, our purpose is to make the world a better place by advancing professional fundraising through promotion of standards, professional development pathways and measurable credentials so that our members achieve best practice.
The FIA has developed the Principles & Standards of Fundraising Practice as the professional fundraiser’s guide to ethical, accountable and transparent fundraising. The Principles & Standards are vital to how the fundraising profession is viewed by donors, government, community and by fundraisers.
FIA keeps you in touch with your colleagues, provides monthly professional development opportunities, mentoring for new members, advisory services, news, job opportunities and other general information.
We investigate trends and issues of significance to your sector and act on members behalf to consult with industry and government in setting standards for fundraising practice.
Our professional development programs include FIA Certificate in Fundraising (Skills 123 replacement), the Diploma in Fundraising (distance learning) and FIA's Fundraising Conference. FIA is a participating organisation of CFRE, the international certification program for fundraising executives. Members are also encouraged to participate in the FIA National Awards for Excellence in Fundraising.
We exist to make the world a better place by advancing professional fundraising through:
- Advocacy of standards
- Professional development pathways
- Measurable credentials
So that our members can achieve best practice.
In order to achieve our mission, we will:
- Promote and enhance the education, training and professional development of fundraisers.
- Provide a resource of fundraising information.
- Advocate for fundraising practice to Government, industry and the community.
- Support and promote certification of fundraisers.
- Develop standards and Codes of Practice.
- Promote and enhance fundraising as a profession.
- Promote and encourage research into fundraising and philanthropic giving.