Arthur Venn Fundraising Leadership Scholarship
The Arthur Venn Fundraising Leadership Scholarship pays tribute to one of the founders and teachers of fundraising in Australia. The scholarship will fund course fees for seven FIA members to attend FIA’s Fundraising Change Leadership course in 2017. The scholarships will be awarded for course attendance in the states in which the course is run. FIA members from other states are encouraged to apply and a contribution of up to $400 towards travel expenses will be available for those applicants (subject to substantiation).
The scholarships promote the importance of fundraising leadership and leadership development in the NFP sector, and establishes an ongoing mentoring process for all Arthur Venn Fundraising Leadership Scholars.
In 2016, The John Allen Scholarship was introduced, awarded to scholars from Victoria.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants should have more than three years and no more than 10 years of fundraising experience.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship and would like to receive a notification once applications open, please click here.
2016 Arthur Venn Recipients:
- Anthea Mur MFIA, Fundraising Support Officer, Trees for Life
- Ashlie Marshall MFIA, Donor Relations & Direct Marketing Coordinator, Guide Dogs WA
- Karen Shields MFIA, Executive Manager - Donor Development, Cancer Council Queensland
- Katherine Ash MFIA, Donor Development Manager, Royal Flying Doctor Service - Queensland Section
- Mark Foyle MFIA, Divisional Public Relations Secretary, The Salvation Army (Australian Southern Territory)
- Rachael Lance MFIA, Individual Giving Manager - Regular Giving, Make-a-Wish Foundation of Australia
2016 John Allen Recipients:
- Anne Frankenberg MFIA, Deputy General Manager, Australian National Academy of Music
- Thomas Duggan MFIA, Direct Marketing Manager, Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation