The Arthur Venn Fundraising Leadership Scholarship
You Too Can Inspire Leadership in Australia's Not-for-Profits
A volunteer group of experienced FIA members, The Mobys, pay tribute to Arthur Venn, a founding father of the fundraising profession in Australia, through the scholarship which supports the next generation of Australian fundraising leaders.
Arthur Venn passed away on 18th January 2013. He was a mentor to many fundraisers and a teacher who sought to build pride in those who took up fundraising as a profession. FIA recognises his contribution to fundraising in Australia with the Arthur Venn Fundraiser of the Year Award, which is presented at the FIA Conference.
The 2017 scholarship will fund course fees for six FIA members to attend FIA’s Fundraising Change Leadership course in 2017. The scholarships will be awarded for course attendance in the states in which the course is run. FIA members from other states are encouraged to apply and a contribution of up to $400 towards travel expenses will be available for those applicants (subject to substantiation).
The scholarships promote the importance of fundraising leadership and leadership development in the NFP sector, and establishes an ongoing mentoring process for all Arthur Venn Fundraising Leadership Scholars.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants should have more than five years and no more than 12 years of fundraising experience.
Feedback from the 2016 Fundraising Change Leadership Course includes:
"...The generosity of the Mobys enabled me to learn from experienced and engaging industry leaders Nigel Harris and Peter Dalton, challenging me to assess and reflect on my career and aspirations. I recommend each of you to embrace the opportunities that FIA provides us all and express my gratitude for the chance to learn more about the ever-changing world of fundraising here in Australia." - Anthea Mur EMFIA
"FIA’s Fundraising Change Leadership course was an outstanding professional development opportunity. It was challenging, thought provoking and motivating. I would highly recommend this course to all senior fundraisers and management, as well as those who desire a long and successful career in fundraising." - Ashlie Marshall MFIA
2016 Arthur Venn Recipients:
- Anthea Mur EMFIA, Fundraising Support Officer, Trees for Life
- Ashlie Marshall MFIA, Donor Relations & Direct Marketing Coordinator, Guide Dogs WA
- Karen Shields MFIA, Executive Manager - Donor Development, Cancer Council Queensland
- Katherine Ash MFIA, Donor Development Manager, Royal Flying Doctor Service - Queensland Section
- Mark Foyle MFIA, Divisional Public Relations Secretary, The Salvation Army (Australian Southern Territory)
- Rachael Lance MFIA, Individual Giving Manager - Regular Giving, Make-a-Wish Foundation of Australia
2016 John Allen Recipients:
- Anne Frankenberg MFIA, Deputy General Manager, Australian National Academy of Music
- Thomas Duggan MFIA, Direct Marketing Manager, Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation
Help Fund a Scholarship to Advance Achievement and Encourage Leadership
To make a donation to The Arthur Venn Fundraising Leadership Scholarship, please click here.
To express interest and receive communications regarding the Arthur Venn Fundraising Leadership Scholarship, please email Emma King, Operations Coordinator, at email@example.com.