DIPLOMA IN FUNDRAISING
It's often said that "education is the key to success." What doors could your Diploma in Fundraising open for you?
The Diploma in Fundraising is FIA’s premier education program, signifying excellence and your commitment to best practice. For more information about the Diploma, click here.
This year, BMS would like to support FIA members by providing a scholarship for the FIA Diploma in Fundraising.
The BMS Scholarship will be open to FIA Members with a minimum of three years’ professional fundraising experience. One successful scholarship applicant will be awarded a place on the Diploma in Fundraising course valued at $4,020. The runner-up will be awarded a place on a Skills-Specific course of their choice, during 2018. The Skills-Specific Course is valued at $520.
At BMS we recognise that the skills required by the professional fundraiser of today are changing and that it is through continuing self-improvement, professional development and education that our future sector leaders will meet the challenges of tomorrow. It is our pleasure, in conjunction with FIA, to offer this scholarship as an investment in tomorrow’s sector influencers and change makers.
It is a great honour and privilege to receive a scholarship of this calibre. Receiving the BMS Scholarship indicates that your motivation, aptitude, experience and fundraising goals stood out among your peers. Along with the financial benefits the BMS Scholarship recipients receive, there is the recognition and prestige associated with being awarded a scholarship which will be acknowledged through FIA communications and sector events, and the BMS website.
BMS are a niche communications expert offering a unique service to the fundraisers that require their donor base to experience a truly personalised contact experience designed to reduce the cost per dollar raised, increase giving lifespan and maximise the lifetime donation of every supporter. To find out more about BMS click here.
Applications for the BMS Scholarship are now open!
Applications close: 12 Noon on Wednesday, 21 March 2018.
Should you have any questions about the BMS Scholarship or the FIA Diploma in Fundraising, please contact the FIA Education team on 1300 889 670 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be a member of FIA, with a current full individual or organisational membership.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional fundraising experience.
- Applicants must be able to commit to 12 months of study to undertake the online Diploma in Fundraising course commencing in May 2018 through to May 2019.
- Applicants must be able to commit to their studies outside of their work environment e.g. out of work hours, weekends etc.
- Applicants must submit the completed Application Form along with their resume.
- Applicants must also provide a suitable referee from their organisation (e.g. CEO or Fundraising Director) who is happy to provide a Letter of Support.
- The Scholarship covers the cost of registration only. Any other costs (such as travel expenses to attend the Skills-Specific Course) must be met by the scholarship runner-up recipient.
- The scholarship must be undertaken in the specified time period (May 2018 to May 2019). The course cannot be deferred.
- Should you require an extension to complete the Diploma by the specified time period (May 2019), an extension fee will apply at your own expense. Extension fees are as follows: $125 (2-3 months) or $250 (3-6 months). A maximum of two extensions can be granted.
- Should you withdraw from the Diploma (for any reason) prior to completion of the course, you will be required to pay a withdrawal fee of $2,000.
- The recipient agrees to submit a written summary of their experience in completing the FIA Diploma in Fundraising and a Course Evaluation and Declaration Form no later than 30 days following completion. This will become the property of FIA and may be used for promotional purposes.
- The runner-up recipient agrees to submit a written summary of their experience in completing the Skills-Specific Course and Evaluation Form no later than 30 days following completion. This will become the property of FIA and may be used for promotional purposes.
- The recipients agree to be profiled for marketing and promotion purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, providing photos and profile information for FIA’s website, newsletters, advertising, social media accounts (including Facebook and Twitter), and other marketing collateral. We also request (if you haven’t already) that you ‘like’ the FIA Facebook Page to keep up to date with FIA updates.
For further information about scholarships, please email: email@example.com