Diploma in Fundraising
The Diploma in Fundraising is FIA’s premier fundraising education program.
Who is the Diploma for?
- This course is open to Australian and International students, who have a minimum of three years' experience in a fundraising role
- Fundraising professionals who may have undertaken prior professional development and education programs conducted by the FIA and wish to develop their career
- The Diploma is also for experienced fundraisers who wish to advance their careers by updating their knowledge
- As the course content is based on contemporary fundraising best-practice, the Diploma is ideal for established professionals who may wish to move in a new direction or who wish to enhance their professional standing.
The Diploma in Fundraising provides:
- Online self-paced study over a 12 month period
- The tools to help you achieve fundraising excellence
- Challenging contemporary subject matter and the principles of fundraising best practice
- Highly regarded professional tutors with a wealth of fundraising experience
- Opportunities to build on your existing knowledge and skills in a structured learning environment
- Appropriate guidance, readings and assessment tasks catering to a broad range of learning styles
- Applied learning in people management especially adapted to the needs of professional fundraisers
- An invaluable component of FIA's range of integrated professional development and educational opportunities
- Student discounts on FIA Bookshop purchases.
What are the benefits to you and your organisation?
- Solidify, sharpen and expand your knowledge and skills as a fundraiser and as a leader in the fundraising sector
- Bring you up to date with the latest trends and topics
- Help develop strategic thinking
- Improve fundraisers’ confidence
- Help participants to become more successful fundraisers for their organisations
- The Diploma will also add depth and breadth to the range of skills of any organisation’s fundraising team.
Participants require access to the internet to login to our E-Learning Platform GO1 which provides essential online course materials and resources.
The Diploma in Fundraising covers a wide range of areas, with each module being applicable to the work of fundraising professionals. The content includes a variety of rich learning experiences.
Attainment requires the completion and assessment of 12 modules, comprised of 10 core modules and two elective modules, chosen from the list below.
- Fundraising Strategy
- Fundraising Legislation
- Ethical Frameworks
- Direct Response Strategy
- Using Offline Fundraising Channels
- Using Online Media
- Major Gifts
- Bequests (Gifts in Wills)
- Corporate Fundraising
- Trusts and Foundations
- Leadership and Influence
- Team Dynamics
- Measuring People Performance
The Diploma has been designed for busy schedules and is self-paced. Each module takes approximately 10 hours to complete and is comprised of reading, study, reflection, and assignment tasks. It takes approximately six hours of study and four hours of writing to complete each assignment.
For more information and module descriptions please click here.
|Member (includes Nominated/Additional Organisational Member)||$3,825.00|
|Staff of Organisational Member||$4,335.00|
Full participation in the Diploma in Fundraising is applicable for up to 180.00 continuing education points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for intial certification and/or recertification.