Certificate in Fundraising
The only course in Australia that gives you the essential training and knowledge needed to become a professional fundraiser.
Every aspect of fundraising is covered, giving you both a comprehensive view of the environment in which fundraisers operate and compete for funds, and the practical knowledge to generate sustainable revenue streams using every channel of fundraising.
The Certificate course is an invaluable component of FIA's range of integrated professional development and educational opportunities. It is relevant to the work of fundraisers new to the profession as well as those wanting to consolidate their existing skills with formal training.
The FIA Certificate in Fundraising is also underpinned by the FIA’s Principles and Standards of Fundraising Practice which are the professional fundraiser’s guide to ethical, accountable and transparent fundraising. These Principles and Standards are critical to how the fundraising profession is viewed by donors, government, the wider community and by fundraisers themselves.
- You will learn about the state of fundraising in Australia and the motives for giving, through reports, up-to-date analysis and research.
- You will be shown clear guidelines for developing a plan from the fundraising audit to setting objectives and choosing successful strategies.
- You will learn how to use marketing channels to their best effect, both offline and online.
- You will learn how to develop relationships and nurture organisations and individuals for high value donations with the maximum impact.
- You will explore some useful and practical principles of human resource management to allow you and your fundraising teams to realise your full potential.
The Certificate in Fundraising course is competency based, meaning that you will need to demonstrate proficiency and understanding of all exercises and self-study questions to succeed, rather than achieve an academic grade.
There are no exams. Assessment is performed against a set of standard criteria and not judged against the work of other students.
In response to members wanting access to the Certificate through self-paced, flexible learning - we are excited to offer the Certificate in Fundraising course in both face-to-face and online formats from May 2016 onwards.
|Staff of Organisational Member||$2,420.00||$2,210.00|
FIA Foundation Scholarships
The FIA Foundation offers the FIA Certificate in Fundraising Scholarship to one recipient in each state (offering the Certificate course) per year. Scholarships have been awarded in 2013, 2014 and 2015 to dynamic and deserving recipients who have taken the course, expanding their fundraising knowledge and expertise.
Applications for the face-to-face scholarship are now closed. For more information about the scholarship and when applications will next be available, please click here.
FIA Certificate in Fundraising scholarships are funded by your sector via the FIA Foundation, click here to find out more or make a donation.