Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors
High Performance Charity Boards
Better serve your charity and its mission with FIA and AICD.
Two of Australia’s leading professional associations provide powerful insight into not-for-profit governance, fundraising strategy and board leadership for charities.
Serving as a board member for a charity or not-for-profit organisation can be one of the most rewarding highlights of your career. But while a passion for your charity’s mission will be warmly welcomed, charities today are seeking more from their Board of Directors: people who can effectively take a charity forward and help it achieve its goals.
Focused solely on educating the executives and board members of charities and not-for-profit organisations, this intensive, two-day program emphasises governance, leadership, compliance issues, change management and strategic fundraising; in short, everything you need to know to be more effective at the boardroom table and to better serve your organisation and its mission.
What you’ll learn
• Specific challenges facing charities
• Operational differences from the commercial sector
• The legal and ethical responsibilities of being a board member
• Finance, strategy and risk for the Not-for-Profit Director
• Strategic fundraising for charities
This program will give you:
• The essential skills to actively contribute to the success of the charity you serve
• A new perspective on not-for-profit board governance and what constitutes a high-performance board while acquiring the skills to more easily collaborate, lead, and motivate each other and management
• Twenty points towards AICD’s ‘Director Professional Development’ program
Who should attend
• Directors and executives who want to make a real difference to the organisations they serve
• Executives who report directly to a board
• Executives who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the functions of their board
• Executives who want to interact with their not-for-profit board more effectively
• Experienced Directors for whom the fundraising sector is new
• Directors who are seeking to transition into not-for-profit directorship
• Directors of not-for-profit organisations
• Those who are considering accepting a directorship
What people say
“Board and CEO leadership of fundraising will be an increasingly critical success factor for non-profit organisations. It requires Directors and Executives to have a robust, evidence-based knowledge of fundraising practice and market issues to best serve mission, governance and fundraising strategy.”
Nigel Harris FFIA CFRE, FIA Board Chair,
Chief Executive Officer Mater Foundation, and Course Facilitator
|Staff of organisational member||$1,020|
Registration Deadline: Monday 27th February
Special pricing for this FIA program is approximately 20% less than the current AICD price.
|Sydney||22-23 March||NAB House, Sydney CBD|
|Melbourne||29-30 March||NAB, The Academy, Docklands, Melbourne|
For a complete course outline click the download button below: