Include a Charity
FIA is pleased to offer organisational members the opportunity to participate in the Include a Charity campaign, which is a collaboration of many of Australia‘s most progressive charities that have joined forces to promote the concept of gifts in Wills to dramatically increase revenues for the work of the charitable sector.
By working together, we can change charity giving forever so that over time, gifts in Wills become the norm for many, rather than just a few.
To increase the proportion of Australians aged over 60 who have left a gift in their Will to a charity, from 13 per cent to 15 per cent by 2020.
Benefits of Being Involved
- The Include a Charity website contains practical information about gifts in Wills and, most importantly, contains general information and contact details for each participating charity. All aspects of the Include a Charity campaign will direct people to the website for more information.
- National media and PR campaigns raise awareness of the Include a Charity campaign and give exposure to Include a Charity’s supporters.
- Training sessions and webinars to assist charities to develop successful gifts in Wills marketing strategies and best practice administration.
- Participation in Include a Charity Week, a PR-focused activity each September to amplify and maximise our message.
- Networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities with other gifts in Wills professionals in the sector.
- Include a Charity will undertake and commission targeted, practical research to provide supporter charities with more accurate and up-to-date information about Australian gifts in Wills. This data can help supporter charities better their gifts in Wills programs and can also be used to help raise greater public awareness.
- Sharing of relevant research data from the successful ‘Remember a Charity’ campaign in the UK.
- A targeted campaign to solicitors and other legal advisors in order to raise awareness of the importance and simplicity of leaving a charitable gift amongst their clients. A further campaign is planned for personal financial advisers who focus on wealth management and retirement planning for their clients.
- The Include a Charity campaign will give gifts in Wills ‘talkability’, making it easier for charities to discuss the concept with their charity as a beneficiary.
- Substantially increase revenues to charities in the longer term.
Our goals moving forward are within our reach and will add an additional $250m per annum to charities by 2020.
Here is what Include a Charity has achieved with your investment to date:
- In four years (2011-14), a combined investment of $1.14m has delivered $5.24m media value across Australia.*
- Include a Charity’s national advertising campaign dramatically increased public awareness around gifts in wills:
- In 2013, 12 per cent of all Australians said they would leave a charitable bequest (up from 7.5 per cent in 2010), resulting in an additional $300m added to charity coffers each year.
- 42,494 unique members of the public have visited the Include a Charity website.
- 27 per cent of solicitors are asking the question and 2,200 are stocking our brochures in their reception areas.
- We have provided free training for more than 400 individuals within the Include a Charity network.
- We have conducted valuable research and benchmarking to equip our charities.
For more information on how Include a Charity is tracking so far and what is coming up, view our Five Year Impact Report here.
*Mainly national advertising via TV and radio channels and occasionally print media.
Our latest television commercial is featured below:
Download the supporters' form here.
Learn more at includeacharity.com.au.
For more information on the Include a Charity campaign, email firstname.lastname@example.org