Links to recordings of all past webinars are available free to staff of current Include a Charity Campaign Supporters.
If you would like a copy please email us or call us on 1300 889 670.
Navigating Estate Legal Challenges: What You Need to Know About Mediation
During this webinar we will discuss various aspects of mediation including:
- Deciding whether or not to attend mediation;
- Preparing for mediation;
- What to expect at mediation; and
- What happens if mediation does not bring a successful resolution to your matter.
Preparing for Include a Charity Week
From 11 - 17 September the Include a Charity campaign’s activities will be focused on supporting international legacy days through Australia’s Include a Charity Week. This is a great opportunity for Include a Charity supporters to develop gifts in Wills fundraising.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn all about the 2017 Include a Charity Week campaign and what is planned for increasing community awareness about the impact of gifts in Wills
- Understand how your organisation can leverage opportunities to have the conversation with your donor base about how they can leave a gift in their Will to your organisation
- Be part of a sector-wide collaboration and receive content that will allow you to speak to your donors through multiple channels
- Hear about the international speaker events available to you during Include a Charity Week
Identifying Potential Bequestors and Marketing to Them
Resources and budgets are often limited and understanding who to target in your bequest program is one of the fundamental pillars to success. In this webinar, Marcus Blease MFIA will share the best data and research to understand who to market your bequest campaigns to and how to use these tools to increase or decrease the size of the prospect pool based on their propensity to leave a gift in their Will.
During this webinar Dr Christopher Baker AMFIA, Research Fellow at Swinburne University of Technology will explore gifts in Wills related findings from the Giving Australia 2016 project.
The Giving Australia 2016 project is the largest ever research effort into philanthropic behaviour to understand how, why and how much Australians give to charity. The project is led by the Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies (ACPNS) at QUT with the Centre for Social Impact at Swinburne University of Technology and the Centre for Corporate Public Affairs.
Getting Around to It: How to Promote More Gifts in Wills
During this webinar we will explore new Australian research into gifts in wills which provides detailed insights into a core audience who plan to leave a gift. Quiet and reserved they may be, but this group are incredibly valuable with most planning to leave bequests to multiple charities – many of whom are presently unaware that they will.
The report, Getting around to it: how to promote more gifts in wills commissioned by Include a Charity and undertaken by More Strategic, was informed by a series of interviews with 18 bequestors aged 50+ from five charities.
Using Telemarketing as Part of Your Gifts in Wills Fundraising Program
During this webinar we will explore the ways in which we can integrate telemarketing into our Gifts in Wills Fundraising Programs. Lead-generation, identification of interest, qualification, follow-up, conversion, donor care, supporter stewardship, data gathering – the list is virtually endless.
Using a case study of the successful long-term collaboration between the Gifts in Wills Team at the Stroke Foundation and Apple Marketing, we’ll cover some of the issues that you’ll need to consider when engaging a telemarketing agency and how to work together to get the best out of your phone campaigns. We’ll cover this subject from both the charity AND the agency’s perspective.
Multi-Channel Marketing Strategy for Bequest Planned Gifts, a Practical Session
An effective multi-channel marketing plan is smart and strategic for all fundraising programs and a foundation practice for bequests since gifts in wills are the largest source of planned giving revenue for charities both large and small.
In this session with Maisa Paiva MFIA, you will discover:
- models around data targeting to identify the right bequest prospects in your database
- how to build a 12-month multi-channel communications map, integrating telemarketing, DM, events and digital, by applying the loyalty-loop model to ensure that acquired prospects and long-time converted donors have continuity in their conversation with your brand (a template of the communications map model Maisa has created will be distributed to webinar attendees)
- an action plan to leverage donor events with integrated messaging and bequest driven follow-up tactics
- strategies to enhance efforts around donor care
- how to make the best use of digital integration and practical advice in how to reach your targeted donors on Facebook
- detailed budgeting and visual pipeline reporting for your Board for the purpose of performance tracking and as a tool to help embed bequests into the culture of your organisation.
By mastering the methods above, Maisa created and implemented a detailed bequest strategy that led Cerebral Palsy Alliance to an increase of 790% in the total number of warm bequest leads (considers and planners). They also reached a fourfold growth in the number of confirmed bequestors acquired per year in comparison to the numbers observed in three of the four previous years.
Preparing for Include a Charity Week
From 5 - 11 September the Include a Charity campaign’s activities will be focused on supporting international legacy days through Australia’s Include a Charity Week. This is a great opportunity for Include a Charity Supporters and other interested organisations who are involved in, or looking to develop, bequest fundraising.
Make sure you maximise the awareness of your bequest campaign to donors and the wider community by being part of this year’s Include a Charity Week.
International Trends in Bequest Giving
Karen Armstrong MFIA CFRE shares insights from around the world on the practice of bequests. It focuses on the ‘sister’ campaigns of the 16 other countries also running social change campaigns within their communities. The evaluation reviews their current behaviours and beliefs and the end goal for each campaign. By sharing these campaigns we hope to generate new ideas and opportunities for Include a Charity supporters to work together to enable more gifts in wills in Australia.
Marketing to People Over 60
Amanda O'Brien shares her tips on marketing to people over 60.
This webinar covers:
- Key target audience insights
- Media insights
- How to utilise digital media to reach older audiences
Legal Engagement Toolkit
We've developed some practical information for Include a Charity campaign supporters to help support and encourage effective engagement with solicitors and professional advisers - Include a Charity's Legal Engagement Toolkit.
This toolkit is intended to provide some general practical guidance for issues associated with estate administration and communication between charities and legal professionals. It also collects together some of the most relevant research and reports, both in Australia and overseas to provide valuable insights for developing and shaping your Gifts in Wills fundraising programs.
During this webinar Ross Anderson talks through how to use the toolkit and take advantage of the wealth of knowledge and experience within the Include a Charity network.
Using Surveys for Bequest Leads with Martin Paul
Well-known strategic fundraising consultant, Martin Paul from More Strategic talks about how you can use surveys to gain bequest leads for your organisation.
The session covers:
- Why use surveys?
- What sort of bequest lead numbers you may generate
- How surveys work
- What other useful insights your survey will generate
- Some findings from the 7000 responses More Strategic has had to date about bequestors
The Include a Charity webinars are proudly sponsored by:
If you are interested in becoming an Include a Charity Campaign Supporter please email us or call us on
1300 889 670.